Samsung still have a mountain to climb

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
BearT
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Agree--Samsung EX1 is underrated
In reply to brianj, Jul 25, 2012

Brian, I totally share your sentiment. I, too, think the EX1 is underrated. This is all the more curios as the JPEGs--an area where Samsung is under heavy fire--look fine to me and have been received well in the dpr review, if I am not mistaken.

Regarding your mission statement: The other day I had an argument with a good friend of mine when I showed him my then new gadget, i.e. the EX1. He was looking for a new camera for an upcoming vacation at that time but was not up to date with the current market situation and knew and still knows nothing about high-end compacts, let alone mirrorless cameras. That is why he replied he wanted to buy "something decent". So, in the meantime he has opted for an used, clunky Canon EOS400D with kit lens since he is very brand loyal. So, basically for the benefit of getting something he knows, he gave up on all the nice points of the new breed of high-end compacts (light weight, fast lenses etc).

My point is, my prayer for trying something new was useless. People have to make their own experience. I have come to the conclusion that you can't convince people against their will, if you know what I mean. Since then I rather try to convince them with the good time I have with my gadgets.

The build a bridge to the thread topic: In my opinion it is a waste of time to "whine" about people's ignorrance and Samsungs bad brand recognition. Show the people your photographs and the your joy they give you, but not your gear.

BearT's gear list:BearT's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow