12-35mm came in the mail today from Amazon US

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
reggieandtfe
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
Re: 12-35mm came in the mail today from Amazon US
In reply to Dixa, Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for the tip! Firefox did what Chrome did not.

These were taken on an OM-D with the same settings: f/4.0, 1/80 sec, tripod- no IBIS or OIS, ISO 200. I did some minor exposure and shadow tweaks in LR4 and applied a low sharpening for screen at export.

Dixa wrote:

when the upload tool goes pear shaped, try a different browser. usually works for me.

reggieandtfe wrote:

Initial thoughts:

• it feels much more solid than the other Panasonic lenses I've handled.

• The color is not an absolute black; it's not purple like the review lenses, but there is a red tint to the metal.

• It only seems slightly bigger than the 14-45mm volume-wize. However, it also feels heavier and I will probably be using the extra grip on my OM-D.

• The close focus is fantastic. No one will mistake it for a macro, but it gets plenty close at 35mm.

• The rubber ring to seal around the lens mount is very tiny and almost unnoticeable.

I could only do a quick comparison with the 14mm pancake and it seems to have slightly more distortion while also having a higher resolution and better colors and contrast. I would post the quick sample pics with crops I did, but I'm currently unable to upload to dpreview galleries for some reason.

Time to go sell a kidney...haha.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow