Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeffpe
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
RX100 Case Thread II
Jul 25, 2012

I've tried a few cases now and think I have one (or two) that work for me. I was using a Case Logic TBC-302 with my S100 and read that this worked for someone with their RX100, so I ordered another before I had the RX100 (I leave for a trip this weekend and wanted to have everything ready, and I want the other case for the S100 as backup/wife's camera). Well you can get the RX100 in the TBC-302, but it's a bit tight. Too tight for my purposes, which is usually hanging from a pack belt while hiking. I don't want to fiddle with getting the camera in and out.

Then I tried the Lowepro Napoli 30. I really like this case. As another forum member pointed out, it doesn't provide a lot of protection from the elements. However, it's great for easy camera access, it fits well, looks good and seems to be well made. BUT... the belt loop on it is too small to thread my pack belt thru.

Last night I read about someone's success with a Lowepro Tahoe 10. They're in stock at Best Buy, so I rushed down after work thinking I'd just rush in and grab one. Well this case is just as tight as the TBC-302, you "can" get the RX100 in it but it's a tight fit and I don't want to be struggling to remove or put away my camera while hiking. So I tried on a number of cases at Best Buy and ended up with a...
SONY. Yes, SONY LCS-CSW.

I don't recall seeing this one mentioned, so I thought I'd post it to the RX100 case thread, but it appears that thread is full. Hence this new thread.

Here's the link to this case on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-LCSCSW-Carrying-Case-Silver/dp/B00336EHCK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343187034&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+lcs-csw

I think it's about 1/2" taller than it needs to be, but fits well otherwise. There are 2 zippers, so you can zip from both sides. There's a pouch for a memory card inside but I don't think you're going to get a battery in there. The case is tapered so it's thinner at the end away from the lens, I think that looks nice. I don't know if I'll post pics, I need to do some packing

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow