Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Coldhitz
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Lenses and Building my System
Jul 24, 2012

I'm expecting delivery of my EPL1 tomorrow. Its got the 14-42 kit lens which is going to be great for starting me out and building up my skills so that by the time I purchase the GH3 to build my rig with, I will be ready to purchase additional lenses as well. I like the cinematic lenses, but would also like other suggestions for action cinematography, low light and night shooting, as well as one lens for really sharp stills to assemble my press kits with. The press kits, of course, will be shot under full light as well as on set shots under various lighting conditions. The EPL1 will become my second camera. I also have a question about the hacks:
-Do they cause overheating?

-Do I need different lenses to use with them since the required SD card must be at such a high bit rate?
-They seem to be very popular. Are they worth it?

Does anyone know of a way to attach external sound to an EPL1 other than through the accessory port? Possibly through a third party manufacturer who makes an adapter?
--
"Alright, there's another one in the can."

Coldhitz's gear list:Coldhitz's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow