Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jayphotoworks
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
Question Regarding Custom Shooting Modes
Jul 24, 2012

One thing that I found very different and annoying is the loss of the 3 banks for saving custom functions on the 1dx. In its place, I have 3 custom shooting modes C1, C2, C3. This is less than ideal.

I usually register 3 sets of custom functions (1 for general purpose, 1 for af tracking, and the last one for almost auto everything) on my previous 1d3/1d4 bodies and load them depending on what I need. Regardless of what I load, it is indepedent of my mode position (P, Av, Tv, etc.).

Now with the loss of that, I have to save these into the C1, C2, C3 banks on the 1dx, but once I save the settings, I am pretty much stuck with the Mode position. If I saved Av in C1, then I can't select C1 and decide to use Tv for example or M.

Once I leave C1, C2, C3 and head to the mode I need, I lose my C1/C2/C3 customizations, so I would have to write down all of my settings, move to the mode I need, re-set everything up, and re-save it again. Then I would have to reset all of my previous settings outside of the C1/C2/C3.

What a inefficient implementation by Canon here.

I remember when I was shooting my Panasonic LX5, if you saved custom settings in a custom position, there is the option of changing the shooting mode after the fact.

-- hide signature --

jayphotoworks photography

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow