Love the Design of EOS-M, but have you seen the "SIZE" of flash attachment

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Everdog
Senior MemberPosts: 4,837
Like?
Disagree
In reply to Timbukto, Jul 24, 2012

Timbukto wrote:

I have to admit Canon is strengthening their position overall with this placid release. Quite simply, EF and EF-S lens will still remain for all time ridiculously easy to shop around for pre-owned and ridiculously easy to sell.

For the price of the camera and the adapter you could get a 60D. Why would you pay more to buy a camera that once you add the adapter is really not much smaller than a T2i which costs 1/2 as much, uses the same sensor, focuses faster, has a VF, and a better grip?

Also, have you seen the reviews of the time it takes to focus with EF lenses? The NEX cameras with the their PDAF adapter focus a lot faster, but very few people are buying them because of the size and cost issues.

We can say that there is a now a big market for Canon FD lenses now because of mirrorless. They cost a lot less than the EF lenses, are a lot smaller, and for some reason attract a smalll but loayal group of mirrorless camera owners.

Oh, have you seen this too?
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/07/24/Kipon-electronic-adapters

So for an M4/3 camera, besides the 30+ native lenses, all the Olympus 4/3 lenses that AF, all the legacy lenses (Canon FD, Minolta MD, Nikon, etc.), they now will be able to use any EF lens too. I still don't see a large market there because people wan the smaller native lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow