Has anyone sold their XP1?

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,546Gear list
Like?
Re: Has anyone sold their XP1?
In reply to Paul Szilard, Jul 24, 2012

I already have two D3s bodies.

What I am looking for is comparable or better IQ, with real world usability and in a small package for the times that I want to travel light but still shoot saleable quality work. Airline weight restrictions (e.g. Air NZ allow only 1 bag no more than 7kg for carry on) are making flying with a 2 body fast glass DSLR kit harder and will only get more restrictive as fuel prices rise.

The XP1 is almost that camera, bar slight reservations around AF etc and, as mentioned, the lack of RAW support in my work flow more than 6 months after release.

There's a gap in the market not yet fully occupied I think. The Olympus OMD might have done it had they used a bigger sensor. Canon EOS-M might have had they bothered to include a viewfinder. The Nikon V1 might have done it had they got IQ and a few other things more to my taste.

The fact that people are trying to make what will eventually be a small, lightweight robust kit that delivers high IQ and DSLR-like AF bodes well though and I look forward to one maker getting all the elements in one product at the same time!

Paul Szilard wrote:

My friend sold his - to me! Whoah! What a deal! I love this baby, !

In my humble opinion, people that sell their XP1 should never have bought it in the first place. It's just like cars: some people prefer fast covertibles, others SUVs, and others still prefer a station wagon.

The XP1 is a brilliant camera - if it suits your style. Get the right tool for the job. I recommend Nikon D4 if you want ultimate speed for action, the XP1 is outstanding for deliberate portraiture, landscape and street (using hyper focalpre-focus). Probably most useful for someone with film/manual camera experience.

Your milage may vary, as they say...
--
paul szilard
http://photos.remektek.com.au

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow