New NEX-5N user - please critique my coastline photos

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Benarm
Regular MemberPosts: 130Gear list
Like?
Re: New NEX-5N user - please critique my coastline photos
In reply to ZippyZX3, Jul 24, 2012

bkkl wrote:

Hey were these taken around Golden Gate park/Land's end area? I like the last one the best.

I probably wouldn't recommend getting a new lens just yet. A tripod would be great if you don't already have one.
Kevin

All of these were taken at the Presidio and Baker Beach. I ordered a Pedco UltraPod II from Amazon that I plan to use for these kind of shots. Have a fullsize one too, but it refutes the whole point of using a NEX system for me :).

FuzzyQball wrote:

You have some great shots there! I especially like the portrait ones of the Golden Gate bridge. The first few suffer from the haze IMHO. Consider a polarizing filter as it will cut through some of that.
Glenn

Thanks! I will likely to get a B+W circular polarizer soon, but at this point I'm trying to get to know the camera as-is.

ZippyZX3 wrote:

White balance a little off. You might think of using a post processing software. I used Lightroom v4.1 on your photo. I wasn't there so I took my best guess.
Tim

Nice!! Yes, I have Lightroom v4.1, but at this point I concentrate on doing the right thing with the camera, before diving into the world of post processing. I started to leave White Balance on Auto since it can easily be changed in post.

Benarm's gear list:Benarm's gear list
Sony RX100 II Apple iPhone 5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow