ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PabloMather
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
First Micro 4/3 Camera Lense Conundrum
Jul 24, 2012

Hello there!

I am after a little bit of help. I am looking to get my first MFT camera in the next couple of weeks and am looking for general comments regarding which lens to purchase. I have been using a Panasonic DMC FX 150 for the past few years but have well and truly surpassed it's feature set.

I managed to pick up a brand new Panasonic Leica 25mm a few weeks ago so have already made a good start. I am now wondering whether to buy the 14mm prime or the 14-42mm power zoom. The power zoom is as small but will I get better results (and learn more) with two prime lenses with maybe a third 45mm macro in a year or so?

At the moment, the camera that feels right is the Panasonic GX1. Although, I have not had chance to try out the Olympus EP3. The G3 feels a little bit too plasticky for my taste. The OMD is out of my price range although I might be able to stretch to the body only version but this seems expensive and I would have limited scope with just the 25mm. I also wonder whether it might be a little over kill for my abilities.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow