Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Queso
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
My first wedding
Jul 24, 2012

I recently got asked to shoot my buddies cousin's wedding and while I've always felt the pressure to shoot my friends wedding was way too high they are on a seriously tight budget and don't want the full fledged wedding photos, so I've agreed to meet with them to discuss what they expect and what shots they want. It sounds like they just want some basic stuff of the ceremony and obviously shots of the party that will ensue, so I'm fairly confident I can handle it, but I want to make sure I do it right and give them the best product.

The wedding is up at my buddies parents place in the foothills of the catalinas in Tucson with a great view of Tucson. The wedding will take place in their backyard that has a pool and there will only be 50 guests. Space is limited and it won't be a formal wedding, no real seating, not sure if she'll "walk down the isle" Lighting/ use of my flash will be the toughest aspect as there won't be much ambient lighting to work with at night. I plan on going up to the house before hand to get a better feel of where everyone will be before the big day and get an idea of what shots I'll be able to get.

I have a d300s w/ a 50 1.4 and the 12-24 2.8 and a SB900, I plan on renting another body and another lens for the day, probably the d800 and I'm not sure about the lens. I have some remote triggers that I think could come in handy if I put the flash up on a tripod to shoot down on the crowd/dance floor at night but this is really where I need the most help and I know its the most important part as of course I only get one shot at it. If anyone has some suggestions on shots or samples of some simple weddings that I can look at that would be appreciated.

Cheers

Queso's gear list:Queso's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow