Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ian Leach
Senior MemberPosts: 1,161
Like?
Samsung still have a mountain to climb
Jul 24, 2012

Samsung still have a mountain to climb to gain recognition. This is evident from following the 1000+ comments on the Canon EOS-M announcement. Many of the posters compare the Canon with other CSC cameras, but it is like the Samsung NX range doesn’t exist. Many want flip out screens and EVF but only the NEX 7 and E-M5 are discussed. Samsung cameras are just not taken seriously by many enthusiasts; in fact they don’t even seem to be on the radar.

I don’t believe this is because of a quality issue (some people blow tiny differences out of all proportion). I believe it is a kudos issue and the only way Samsung will gain traction is if they bring out a, similar to NX20 spec camera, in a classic/classy housing. I think that would make the geeks around here take notice.

They also need to get their products in stores so people can get hands on them. They have started advertising on YouTube but this area also needs work.

P.S. amateur psychologists take note; my self-esteem is not attached to the Samsung brand being popular. I just like fairness and I don’t want the system to fail as it suits my needs better than others at the moment. I own many different makes of camera.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow