Canon launches EOS-M

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anastigmat
Forum ProPosts: 12,579
Like?
Re: I like it
In reply to wootpile, Jul 24, 2012

wootpile wrote:

As a long-time Nikon dslr user I envy the people with canon glass. I think Nikon's choice to go with a 1 inch sensor is a huge mistake that leads to a dead end. It is simply too small a sensor with resulting image implications (pixel pitch, dof issues, etc)

It is probably a mistake to go try to protect its own APS-C DSLR market. Nikon was gambling that the NEX and similar cameras will be mere fads.

Granted, the EOS-M is pretty heavy (though small) but the path for future models is huge considering they are using the same sensors in all their dslr crop cameras now. Very cost-efficient - and very smart.

I predict Nikon will one day launch a aps-c mirrorless series - but it will be a few years away, and the 1 series will have cost them dearly - in market shares and in developmental costs.

Shame on Nikon for overprotecting their 3200.. 5200 market

If Nikon is going to wait a few years, they may as well just give up on this market and do battle with its DSLR lineup. If Nikon is going to join them, then it better does so ASAP, like yesterday.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow