Which would be better for a newbie? D5100 or D3200?

Started Jul 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Paul Hirst
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: Bracketing D5100 or D3200?
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Jul 24, 2012

Kim....

Everyones needs from a Camera are different for me I hike a lot and I don't take a tripod and taking a photo is my way of recording where I have been. I want to get the pictures looking as good as I can that are pleasing for me but on the other hand I am not after winning awards and don't want to take the time setting up a tripod, manually dialing in exposure etc so to be able to fire of 3 shots + - is what I need .....

I like the size of the 3200 but have to contemplate if I would sacrifice the bracketing for the size of the 5100.... I do also like to play with mild HDR

@Kim If I might ask .... If I used the 3200 and just shot raw and edited in Adobe Raw changing the exposure to give me 3 shots would the results be the same as or equal to 3 shots fired by auto bracketing in the 5100 .... If the results were considered close enough I might forgo the bracketing and go for the 3200

Thanks

-- hide signature --
 Paul Hirst's gear list:Paul Hirst's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow