Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sjunnesson
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
x-pro or x100 on trip to Iceland
Jul 23, 2012

Im planing a trip to Iceland in a months time and want to upgrade my camera before this trip. Right now I have a nikon d50 with some lenses, 50mm and 90 macro used mostly, but it feels bulky and outdated. The iso is terrible noisy and it is a bit to slow. On the lens side the 50mm with 1.5x is a bit to tele for many occasion especially for landscape shooting that is planned at Iceland. The 90mm is a good portrait one with nice bokeh that I enjoy combined with occasional macros.

What I wonder now is if anyone can recommend either the x-pro with 18mm/35mm or the x100 for this trip. As mentioned it is going to be mostly landscape photography but also some portrait. As you might have guessed with my d50 Im upgrading camera very seldom so the cost difference isn't highest priority, even though the 1000 dollar difference needs to be justified, and it is more handling and image quality that is in focus. Anyone that can compare the af of a nikon d50 with a 50mm nikkor lense with the x-pro? How is the 18mm for landscape? Better to go for the x100? Any other camera that has a good OVF that can be worth to think about?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow