Thom changes D800 to "Not Recommended" due to Left AF Issue

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
FFBob
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
Re: Thom changes D800 to "Not Recommended" due to Left AF Issue
In reply to Rich42, Jul 23, 2012

Using yours (and others') hysterical logic, If I order a Mercedes SL roadster and learn that the video camera to aid rear view when backing the car up has a lens that is not focusing, I should ignore all the world-class capabilities of that car, cancel the order and have a stroke about the video, worrying that the issue will never get fixed.

I have not read the previous posts but I would agree a defective focusing lens in a backup camera in your example is a relative nothing. However, for some the left AF issue is similar to a defective wheel on that Mercedes SL that affects the basic driving and braking of the car.

Though my left AF seems to be working I cannot get my new 28mm 1.8G to focus correctly no matter what I do. My speedlights cause terrible focus shift. Is this an annoyance? Sure is, and is not trivial....

If the only problem was a flimsy battery cover or a cable release cover that broke off...then an annoyance.

The bottom line is I cannot trust AF so if I only use LV then so be it... but I also want to make full use of a trustworthy AF system. Sadly, I cannot.

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow