7D or 60D, upgrading from 10D

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Demontis
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Re: Magic Lantern firmware makes 60D superior to 7D
In reply to skanter, Jul 23, 2012

skanter wrote:

If you plan to get into video, the Magic Lantern firmware changes the whole game and makes the 60D far more desirable. Magic Lantern is NOT available for the 7D. Both Magic Lantern and the articulating screen are a huge benefit for video, and great improvement for stills as well.

If you plan mainly to shoot sports, the 7D has a superior AF system for fast- moving subjects.

The image quality of the two cameras is almost identical.

Certainly try both cameras out in a store.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

You say, the Image Quality of the 7D and 60D are ALMOST identical...not identical? Is there difference? How would i perceive this difference and how it could affect a decision which to buy if Image quality would be priority?

I ask because in another thread i asked on which camera to buy for my mp-e and got the feedback to go for the 18mp sensor, ergo the 600D instead of the 40D, about which i wanted to know...but the body is too small for my hands...and as the mp-e is a manual lens i dont need the whistles of a 7D i guess, so for me it comes down only to image quality....so if there would be a difference between a 60D and 7D in terms of IQ....i would have a new nut to bite...aaaargh

-- hide signature --

patrick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow