How long do you think x100 will last?

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,385
Like?
Re: How long do you think x100 will last?
In reply to headofdestiny, Jul 23, 2012

I don't see a big price drop on used X100's until a successor is released. Still I have my doubts that it will really be that big of a price drop. It's a great camera and I imagine will still be very desirable many years to come.

I think about it this way. The original Canon 5D is still a damn good camera after 7 years, and one in excellent condition still fetches between $800 and $900 on the used market. I imagine the X100 will follow a similar route and keep around 1/3 it's value after a similar length of time. So in 5-6 years, I expect that we will still see X100's selling in the $350-$400 range.

How long will it last as a camera that takes great photos? Until it finally dies and is beyond repair. My 5D still gets use and will continue to be used. Image quality is fantastic. That hasn't changed with my 5D and will not change with the X100 regardless of how many new cameras come to market or how far in the future we look. If my X100 is still working in 100 years, it will still take great quality images.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow