I can't believe this! Canon EOS-M vs K-01

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
fakuryu
Contributing MemberPosts: 918Gear list
Like?
Re: is viewfinderless a fad?
In reply to Sheld, Jul 23, 2012

Sheld wrote:

imho, I think the whole viewfinderless market may be a fad. But once you add a viewfinder then why not go with a DSLR? I guess there's people who don't want a viewfinder, who want prime lens? There are non interchangeable zooms that make more sense than a Canon with 18-55, so the only reason for the system is the prime lens.

The problem is designing such a system to be naturally compatible with a more complete DSLR or high end OMD camera. There's something to be said for the pentax approach, with the K-01, which is natively compatible with all pentax lenses. m4/3rds has a fairly complete set of lenses. I'm not as sure about the Canon approach, requiring an adapter.

• Shel

To be honest, I never really missed it when I'm using my Oly EPL1 but due to my reflex, I always put it near to my eye whenever handling it as if there was one

Surely I won't miss it too if I bought a K01 now that 2nd hand prices in Singapore are low.

I really don't mind of this kind of system does not have an EVF/OVF but I surely wished that an articulating screen become standard for it.

-- hide signature --

It's not about the tool, its how you use it

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow