A77 A65 and A57 A37 users

Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
rinkos
Senior MemberPosts: 2,208
Like?
Re: A77 A65 and A57 A37 users
In reply to thubleau7, Jul 23, 2012

thubleau7 wrote:

I have a question after reading a lot of posts from new owners.

What camera did you own before making the move to a Sony or was your previous camera a Sony ?

just curious why did you make the move , what swayed you ?

what swayed me ...

basically Sony's current package present the best price per performance there is ..

it has a lot of high tech features- most of those being mimicked ( successfully or not ) by others such as hand held twilight mode and multi shot noise reduction mode..and the autoHDR ...

when i bought my A580 when it just came out non of the others have it...i would have bought A55 but i didnt know yet how fragile it is or not and my country Israel has no service for those cams anyway so i wanted to play it safe.

as for SLT's ..yea the jpegs at 100% are somewhere in the 1/3 or 1/2 a stop lesser than a "regular" DSLR but its not a gap any simple NR software cant bridge over.

but while they have this one lacking disadvantage most of them are shooting at FPS that only 3K ish cams cant ..or not even that ( A77 ) ..focus very fast...have an All day usefull VF and not just in daylight...and much more .and all at the third of a price of a camera with the same performance level .

Nikon has the upper hand in strictly taking the Sony's sensor core and making the jpegs coming out of it better....but Nikon's AF at these levels is still not on the same level which is an important factor ....many times more than higher iso .

and cannon ...well cannon likes to keep ranks between its camera classes...no matter whos older or younger...thus a 60D has been crippled to not over shadow the ageing 7D and the new 650D even with digic V would not shadow its upper class...u can also see it now on the new EOS ....just look at its test shots....

the only exception to that rule is the amazing G1x...amazing clarity shots..but not so good AF ...

so in essence u feel that Sony although having its own drawbacks ( lack of customize buttons ...proper bracketing options , less options on jpeg handling ) .still mostly vies to get us the best they got since they want to take place on the top list...

i like that sentiment ..which is what aside to the IQ and great 16mp sensor made me wager on Sony .

the only reason now i can think of buying a cam not of Sony is i just want a cam that i can fix in israel and not send it overboard if need be.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A500New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow