Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
monodrift
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
E-M5 Cracked Display
Jul 23, 2012

The other day, I picked up my E-M5 to turn it on. I moved my thumb over to the ON/OFF switch, heard a crack, and saw the the glass covering the LCD display had just cracked. Upon turning on the camera, I could see that the LCD display itself is unharmed.

I am dumbfounded as to how this has happened. I am the only user of this camera, and in the month I've had it I have treated it with care. It has not experienced any impacts, falls, or neglect. For this to happen to a new camera under normal use is completely unacceptable. I have owned and used many cameras for years and never experienced anything like this.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that during the manufacturing process, it's possible that the screws somewhere in the display were overtightened, putting stress on the glass.

I have a vacation coming up that I specifically purchased this camera for. I have emailed Olympus and will update the thread as my experience with Olympus customer support continues.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CallNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow