Good bag for the EM5

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
sean000
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,805Gear list
Like?
Re: Good bag for the EM5
In reply to sbszine, Jul 23, 2012

sbszine wrote:

i just got this bag for my EM-5 and it's exactly the right size. Fits the 12-50, flash, lens caps etc also with space for two more m43 zooms.

http://www.crumpler.com/AU/Camera-Bags/Camera-Bags/4-Million-Dollar-Home.html?LanguageCode=EN&SKU=MD4002-X01P40

I have been using Crumpler bags for eight years (7 Million Dollar Home is my main DSLR bag), and have always liked their bags. I also have a Lowepro backpack, a Domke f5xb, and a Thinktank Retrospective 5. The Thinktank is my current main m4/3 bag, but I may sell it and switch to that spiffy looking gray 4-Million Dollar Home. I live in the rainy Pacific NW and the only downside to the Thinktank Retro 5 is that it's not as water resistant unless you put the included raincover on. So far it hasn't really been an issue. The Retro 5 might be cotton canvas on the outside, but it is lined with water-resistant nylon. How water-resistant? Probably not the impermeable barrier Crumpler uses since they provide a rain cover.

What I do like about the Retro 5 is the look (also like the Crumpler's looks though) and the room for accessories (which it looks like the Crumpler may or may not equal). I like my Domke as well, but the f5xb has very little room for accessories. The main reason I keep the f5xb is because it can be worn on a belt...which is perfect for backpacking. I go on hikes with my family, often carrying my toddler in a kiddie carrier backpack with the f5xb on the belt of the pack.

Sean

sean000's gear list:sean000's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow