Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tluvr
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Trip of a Lifetime, Africa then England, what's the best camera gear options
Jul 23, 2012

I really need some advice on camera gear for an upcoming trip: This coming fall I will be spending three weeks in Africa and then time in England afterwards. I'm a hobbyist and really only got more serious about my photography about two years ago. I currently have a Nikon D90 which I purchased used about six months ago, a Nikkor AF-S 18-200 lens, and a Nikkor 70-300 lens. I'm wondering if perhaps I need a smaller more compact back-up camera, I do not want point and shoot, I still want to get good quality photo images and maybe occasional video. I was looking at the Olympus E-PL2 as there is a good sale package available now for it, or then the Panasonic DMC GX1 caught my eye too and now wondering if it would be a better option albeit more expensive than the PL-2? What are people's thoughts and are there other options that might be better as well. I will be touring, taking landscape, wildlife shots, as well as cultural and people photos in the villages. We will be working, volunteering in the villages for part of the time, so that's partly why I was thinking a smaller camera that would be easier to have with me and pull out and grab a quick shot. Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated! Cheers, T

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow