Started Jul 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Olivier in Belgium
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Re: Xs1 / hs30
In reply to bluerover64, Jul 23, 2012

Hello,

My experience with the X-S1.

There is some freeze before the picture is taken (burst mode or not). If you have everything in manual (no AF, no AE, no Face Detection, no Face Recognition, etc), the freeze will probably diminish/disappear. At first, the freeze bugged me. Now, I live with it.

There is also an effect that is sometimes known as the slideshow effect. In burst mode, the camera displays the previously shot picture and not the "real time" image. If you are shooting at 10 frames per second, the previously shot picture is not that old. If you are shooting at 3 fps, it gets very annoying. (Anyway, even at the 10fps setting, after the buffer gets full (after about 10 images or so)l, you will end up at 3 or 4 fps.)

Check the reviews on dpr. I think the section is called performance. You'll see that even cameras as OM-D or Sony a77 have slideshow effect at some stage.

Bottom line. If it bugs you and you make the switch to the X-S1, don't expect a "perfect" camera as regard "freezes".

Cheers

Olivier in Belgium's gear list:Olivier in Belgium's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Nikon Coolpix 3700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Fujifilm X-S1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow