Compelling reasons for picking Samsung NX over Sony Nex?

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bigchiefally
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Compelling reasons for picking Samsung NX over Sony Nex?
Jul 23, 2012

Hi,

I posted something similar to this in the 4/3s forum about a day ago, but some of the Samsungs look pretty interesting so might be swayed that way.

Had an old Konica Minolta 5D that I bought second hand about a year ago, loved the image quality but would like things like video so getting a new camera.

Actually purchased a sony A37 but having second thoughts, it is sitting unopened in the box waiting so I can return it. Was looking hard at the Nex 5N, thought it was very cool, but didnt like the the lack of viewfinder or built in flash.

Anyone got good reasons to go for a Samsung NXxxx? I had been looking at the Sony 5N and 3F, I hear many good things about their Image quality, and with their Konica Heritage the menus had a familiar feel to them. Had also started looking at 4/3s cameras, but still a little wary of them with their smaller sensor size - I really like the whole DOF clear target, fuzzy background/foreground thing.

I havent picked up adn played with any of the Samsungs yet, but I am a little concerned that the ones with the features I want, WIFI and proper HD recording, might be just outside my price range.

I want to be able to take nice family portrait shots, good videos, and nice holiday scenery things. Something quick enough to keep up with an active 2 year old would be nice too.

Many thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow