ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrBlissfly
Regular MemberPosts: 269
Like?
SD1 v D3200 v D800
Jul 23, 2012

Hi

I recently had the opportunity to test these 3 cameras.

I thought carefully as to whether I would publish this as the methodology is shaky at best. Three different lenses, slightly different fields of view on same sturdy tripod though. The D3200 has a slightly smaller sensor so smaller field of view. Field of view of D800 image is larger.

The main thing I discovered is how unbelievably difficult it is to do something like this, so many variables. PP is mighty difficult.
SD1 was dev'd in SPP -2 sharp then worked up in LR.

Had to use negative exposure, highlight, contrast and positive fill light to bring out the dynamic range in the file, an odd set of settings.
D3200 and D800 were worked up in LR.

I think though that certain things can be concluded or inferred; it is also an attempt to add to the body of evidence as I feel that it is the only with multiple iterations of tests that a statistically meaningful conclusion can be arrived at.

I have also gained an awful lot of useful information from this forum over the years and this is an attempt to put something back.

SD1 17-50 f2.8
D800 nikon 50mm 1.4 afs

D3200 nikon 35mm 1.8 (shown twice once full size and then reduced to Sd1 dimensions with export from Lightroom)
I hope that some might find this of interest.
So without any more preamble the pics (be sure to click on original).

-- hide signature --

Formally posting as 'Blissfly'

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow