Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,192Gear list
Like?
Its wait and see with Micro Four Thirds
Jul 23, 2012

Past Panasonic and Olympus Nikon and now Canon have a mirror-less option. I think both Nikon and Canon are testing the waters. IMO don't invest in any system that only as a couple lenses and flash.

I believe Nikon and from reading I know the new Canon camera has its own lens mount and compatible flash.

Nikon and Canon should have kept the transparency in lens mount and flash; batteries are different. If Nikon and Canon kept existing lenses unless it will be developed I think they would crush or at minimum damage Panasonic & Olympus.

These first generation Canon & Nikon mirror-less or MFT's looks to say if you are already a Nikon or Canon user we hope brand loyalty will keep you here. IMO thats a mistake to sink $700 in a small system. Its like they don't know what to do because many of us are selling or not buying DSLR systems in lieu of Panasonic or Olympus product.

The way it looks today, if I was selling my D90 or D7000 today I still would go with the Panasonic option or Olympus that some have done. IMO its a smarter choice.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow