Photo Editing Software

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
keeponkeepingon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131
Like?
Re: Photo Editing Software
In reply to psrslot, Jul 23, 2012

psrslot wrote:

Whats the best program to get for a non-professional. I been shooting photo's for years. 35mm I always used a lab. Then I got into the Point and Shot Digitals. I only played with software to touch up photos with. Now I got a lot of time to spend getting back into taking photos again. Not to make money, just for me. I current own a Nikon D5100 , 18-55mm, 55-300mm.
I have Corel PaintShop Pro x4 and Corel PaintShop Pro x5 beta.
I haven't jumped into the programs yet.

I look at this Forum daily and see most everything on Lightrrom, Paintshop and CSS. So what do you guys thing I should go with.

If you are a corel-ite you might give Aftershot Pro a ..... shot.

Advantages over lightroom:

• Includes basic noise ninja, and one click fix Perfectly Clear plugin. ($250 to buy those in LR).

• Layers so some things that are destructive in LR (such as the above plugins) are non-destructive in ASP.

• Cheap (as low as $59 if you time it right).

Disadvantages

• Version 1.0 (for the brave)

• No multimonitor support (Really? In this day and age?).

BTW LR is like driving a car with a manual transmission. There is no "quick fix", "I'm feeling lucky" or "auto repair" as you get in PSE/Picasa and so on. There is an auto tone and you can buy/find "presets" but for the most part you are on your own when tweaking your picts (great for a pro, but for someone wasting their spare time, maybe not so great).

There are a few folks here fed up with CS and using ASP. Perhaps they could chime in?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow