Like?
Re: How do you define "Dynamic Range" ?
In reply to Detail Man, Jul 23, 2012

Detail Man wrote:

spacenegroes wrote:

Detail Man wrote:

spacenegroes wrote:

Detail Man wrote:
Seriously, how would the test be conducted ?

How about a standard test set up of a dummy bride and groom in a typical black suit and white lace dress combination?

Now, that would really "clarify" matters, wouldn't it ?

how is the current test conducted? let's start with that, and we'll go step by step modifying it for dynamic range, just you and me, okay buddy?

Well, why stop there in vagueness ? Let us (instead) fashion an immutable test for "Image Quality"

do you have asperger's? how are you unable to understand this concept? the current studio setup, with standardized settings across all cameras, produces images for people to look at and subjectively compare for themselves. the proposed studio setup would be the exact same thing in concept. the difference is, the current studio setup has a low-DR scene, which means one fewer difference between different cameras' images for people to compare. you can even just increase the DR in the current scene and use ONE scene and it would allow people to compare DR, res, noise, color rendition, etc., etc. in one set of images.

It is good to hear that you have figured all these things out to your own satisfaction. I have a feeling that certain people who read and post on this forum who have self-identified themselves in forum posts as having the medical syndrome you refer to may be hurt by your comments. That's surely up to them to decide for themselves. I personally bear no ill will towards such fellow humans.

so the answer is yes. good to know.

P.S. i guess you have nothing to say about the content of my post, now that i have made it explicitly clear to you how completely pointless your whiny objections have been.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow