Ok now that all the cards are on the table.

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CollBaxter
Forum ProPosts: 12,424Gear list
Like?
Jul 23, 2012

Canon has just revealed it mirror-less camera. The last of the major players to show their hands.

What are your thoughts on systems and movement to systems considering that 4/3 is in a coma at the moment. There are a few of us that have resisted the glint of new toys and not been stampede to change. We have stuck around waiting for something , that we want and not rushing to an alternative. I do know there are a lot of dual users here in any case.

Assuming there is no continuation of 4/3 what would most of us do ? Migrate to m4/3 or move to another system. I have a specialized need with long lenses etc, so I suppose I am a bit biased. Actually with the need for long lenses I often ask myself why am I shooting Olympus anyway.

My thoughts on this is, if no continuation of 4/3 with a camera of a decent size that I can hang my glass on I will use the current bodies up and migrate to another system. Which system ? Well keeping in mind mirror less will be the where it’s at for the lower end stuff for awhile.

The 2 big players have what I require. Their mirror less offering are mixed. Nikon put their money on the wrong sensor (My Thoughts ) . Canon have brought out a pretty mediocre camera (Which is expected) Then there is Pentax. As much as I would love to go the Pentax route Ieeeeesh I would want the ownership on the letterhead to be the same for awhile. Their lens offerings don’t enthrall me and it looks like a lot of 3 rd party lens makers are dropping the mount. ( Twice burnt trice shy) . Sony well if they stopped playing silly buggers and had a more consistent lens line up well maybe. Also if they improved their IBIS. ( Maybe they will used the Olympus 5 AXIS as a trade off against the new sensor)

So where would I go. Well maybe Nikon but it will be a last resort , we will have to wait for later in the year to see if we are

This is all premature. But the cards have now been dealt , and I was thinking about it. ( I do think sometimes, spell and use good grammar , NO but think sometimes maybe.)

Any one's thoughts ?

-- hide signature --

Collin

(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )

http://collinbaxter.zenfolio.com/
http://www.pbase.com/collinbaxter

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)

New Seventh Wonder of the World.

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow