Super Confused!! 40d, T1i, or XSi...what to choose??

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike300hayes
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Super Confused!! 40d, T1i, or XSi...what to choose??
Jul 23, 2012

I've had a T1i for a little over a year now, and I love it. Really enjoying getting into Dslr's. That said, I'm still a newbie when it comes to understanding these cameras and all their differences. I've been using the Canon 28-135 lens. Good, cheap lens for me to get all sorts of shots of my kids (around the house, and running around outside). But now I'm bored. I need some better lenses, but I'm very strapped for cash. So my thought is to sell the T1i and buy a used 40d or XSi...these seem to be the most comparable for what I need, while being cheaper. That would give me a little extra money to get a good lens or a couple lenses to play with. I don't need the video feature. That's the main reason I'm open to dropping the T1i.

So what do I do? I'm dropping down in MP's to either 12 or 10. Will I notice a difference in picture quality from the T1i? What lenses should I look at? I mainly shoot pics of my kids, indoors and outdoors. But I'm also trying to make a hobby out of shooting outdoor, landscape type shots.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow