Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave_K
Regular MemberPosts: 235Gear list
Like?
Epson 7900 "fix"
Jul 23, 2012

I'm still making friends with my Epson 7900. While I really like the image quality, I hate the unnecessary additions like "electronifying" simple mechanical functions and that no matter what the settings, it seems to start a cleaning cycle when it feels likes it. Last week after replacing an ink cart, I would get an ink error message after just one (or none) print. After a cleaning cycle the cart would show and then mysteriously disappear.

The problem was solved by putting a couple strips of masking tape on the bottom of the cart and re-inserting it. Apparently, the chip on the top of the cart would lose contact and the added thickness of the masking tape improved on that. At any rate, the problem has not re-occured since taping the bottom of the cart, and I'm posting in case anyone else runs into the same problem. I'm also glad it worked because at the price of ink, most people don't likely keep too many extra 350ml carts on hand. I don't.

Regards.

Dave_K's gear list:Dave_K's gear list
Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow