Maine, Acadia, and the US Northeast

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Phil Reese
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: Maine, Acadia, and the US Northeast
In reply to rightwinger, Jul 23, 2012

rightwinger wrote:

Lots to see in Maine, plan to spend a sunrise on Cadillac mountain, you won't regret it. The White mountains over in New Hampshire would be a nice place to spend a couple days, especially if you like hiking and waterfalls. Also, fifty miles north of Berlin, NH on the Maine side is one of the few "dark" sky locations east of the Mississippi, (other is in Adirondacks) if you want to do some star photography. If you will drive around, go north from Acadia on the coastal roads. Have fun in beautiful Maine....
--
'Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.' - John Wayne

I was actually wondering about just that! We were planning to spend a sunrise on Cadillac mountain but when I saw the White Mountains marked on a map I figured it might be decent. I'd love to get to both (and probably will). Any tips for what specific trails/locations in the White Mountains?

Phil Reese's gear list:Phil Reese's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow