Leica V Lux 40 -OR- Canon powershot G X1??

Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Einst Stein
Contributing MemberPosts: 629
Like?
Re: Leica V Lux 40 -OR- Canon powershot G X1??
In reply to REShultz, Jul 22, 2012

Unless you drop it or knock it, or expose it in water or sand, etc., most cameras today can last more than 10 years. It's the tempting new models that shorten the life.

This goes to both camera and the lens. How many 70-200mm f2.8 you've seen in your favorite brand? 24-70mm 2.8? or even the 24mm or 35mm prime? I have a Kodak SLR/C, Canon mount, I'm familiar with the feeling.

With Leica M, the new release is much less tempting, especially for people who know what they want. I have a M 135mm Elmar, 1962 version., it's before the time when local contrast is valued higher than the resolution. With a little PS or LR, boosting the contrast, I have no desire at all for any newer version. The 50mm/f2 and 90mm f2.8 I have were released more than 10 years ago, it could be 20 or 30. When I looked at X1/X2's image, it's that same kind of things. You know even Leica would take a lot of time to find a new way to do it. ..., and you are not necessary wanting the new ones.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow