Thinking of buying K5, does Pentax have quality control problems?

Started Jul 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Clear as Crystal
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
Thinking of buying K5, does Pentax have quality control problems?
Jul 22, 2012

Hi all, this is a question regarding the quality control with Pentax at the moment.

First a bit of background. I currently have a very entry level dslr, the Canon 1000D. I like it and have taken some great (for me) photos with it but now I’m starting to feels its limitations, specifically I would like to move to a camera with some environmental sealing, better low light ability and I would like to have the option of recording videos in case I want to use this feature later.

Currently I’m not tied to canon as I only have the kit lens so I have been looking at the Canon 7D, Nikon D7000 and the K-5 with the idea of picking up the kit and a couple of primes then building up a better collection of glass. I have tried all 3 in a local shop and non have really stood out in terms of ergonomics and feel to me. My intention is also to try and hire / borrow the 3 before buying. While I would appreciate peoples views on these 3 cameras (and any other suggestions / constructive criticism of my plan) I would especially like current Pentax users views on their quality control after reading comments in the K-01 review which seemed to mention several problems lenses.

Basically I feel like the K5 offers a hell of a lot for the money and seems to tick all the boxes but because I will be away from the UK for large portions of the year I want to minimize the risk of me needing to return parts.

Cheers for any help in advance.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow