Pining for the GH3 announcement

Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mark B UK
Contributing MemberPosts: 967Gear list
Like?
Re: I have 2 GH2s
In reply to Ann Chaikin, Jul 22, 2012

I'm still using a GH-1 as I think it is good practice to buy alternate models in a product cycle (there being too little difference to justify upgrading each time there's an update). The E-M5 tempts me hugely but there's enough I like about the GH series to want to hang on to see what Panasonic counters it with. In particular I like the outsized 16:9 mode, user interface (great to be able to bracket without delving into menus), the larger EVF and the fold-out, reversible LCD.

IMO it would be good to see the GH-3 at least equalling the Oly in areas such as IQ - DR and noise especially - improved focusing and weather sealing, while retaining the GH advantages mentioned previously. Thereafter, the rumoured twin card slots, GPS and higher-resolution EVF would be major attractions for me. Finally, I know many people would prefer improved video performance and a global shutter, but I prefer stills so these factors wouldn't make a big difference to me.

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow