FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,801Gear list
Like?
Re: May be a dealbreaker for me :(
In reply to gail, Jul 22, 2012

Gail, I've been beating the drum and banging my head against a brick wall (Panasonic) on this issue for several years. When I bought my FZ20, I first encountered the issue and made due with an old round eyecup from a Canon AE1 or Nikon film SLR. Anyway, been waiting model after model for Panasonic to come around, which they actually did with the FZ30 and FZ50. But then, they regressed again and all of us who wanted an eyecup, for all the right and sensible reasons, went back to the drawing board and makeshift adaptations.

I've draw fire recently for speaking out again, but that's OK. I appreciate all of the fine points of the FZ200 and would love to commit to an upgrade. But, it may be a deal breaker if for no other reason than the fact that my FZ150 works fine and it could easily cost me up to $200 or so to buy the new model. I don't think I should have to glue felt pads or a telescope eyecup to the new camera.

I've been collecting pictures of various workarounds over the years. Maybe Panasonic should take a look at all of the inconvenience caused by such a small savings on their part. I'll give them $14.95 for an aftermarket accessory eyecup made for this new camera and pay for shipping. How's that for an offer?
--
Are you ready to make someone's day a little brighter?

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow