FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
gail
Forum ProPosts: 13,594Gear list
Like?
May be a dealbreaker for me :(
In reply to Vandyu, Jul 22, 2012

Vandyu wrote:

Hi Gail. I don't see any change in the FZ200 EVF as far as Panasonic's having added an eyecup or protective coating for glasses. This is probably one reason I'm not hopping to upgrade.

I don't mind the manual switching between the LCD and EVF but, the more I read, I'm beginning to think the lack of a rubberized eyecup is a deal-breaker for me. I want to be able to use the viewfinder almost exclusively like I do on my DSLR.

I'm extremely reluctant to pay $600 for a camera that I have to add some ugly patches in order to use the viewfinder with my glasses? I mean, how much would it cost Panasonic to include a decent eye cup like on some other brand superzooms?

I'm going to call Panasonic this week to get their take on this.

I am so excited about this camera, so much so that I've already started reading the manual for the FZ150 until the FZ200 manual becomes available. But I have a gnawing sensation that I may opt to sit on the sidelines all because of an................eyecup!?!?

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

gail's gear list:gail's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD700 IS Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow