Started Jul 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vaughn T.Winfree
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,988Gear list
Like?
Sony Should Increase Bracket Mode more than 0.7EV
Jul 22, 2012

The NEX-7 has been a blast to use for it physical size, 24.3 MP sensor, hand held HDR, EVF, many other innovations that I enjoy... But I see NO reason why SONY has to limit the NEX7 to 0.7EV which is only 2/3 of a stop... That makes the bracket feature for the most part useless for HDR photography...Even though I can bracket manually, I would prefer to have this feature as a selection up to at least 2.0EV to make it a respectable bracketing option while shooting JPEG+RAW.... Or why not have the settings go as far as the HDR feature with a 6.0 EV range? Because with HDR, you don't get the actual three images when you use that feature as most of you know....

If SONY will not make this a firmware change in the near future, maybe a hack of the firmware code could be done to change this???? Just wondering, as I have heard of firmware changes have been tweaked by others in the past with great success based on what was changed... Would NOT the firmware change of EV bracket range be mostly a simple task?
--
Vaughn T. Winfree
Pushing the NEX-7 to its limits, and then just a little bit more.

'See what the camera see's. Let the lens interpret what can be. Capture a moment in time telling a story.'--Vaughn T. Winfree

Vaughn T.Winfree's gear list:Vaughn T.Winfree's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S100 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow