FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,045Gear list
Like?
Re: rubber eye guard/proximity sensor
In reply to gail, Jul 22, 2012

Hi Gail. I don't see any change in the FZ200 EVF as far as Panasonic's having added an eyecup or protective coating for glasses. This is probably one reason I'm not hopping to upgrade. Also, I don't see any change in the manual switching between LCD and EVF. I've included a comparison photo from the DPR preview. The other features look wonderful. I'm debating, but not convinced. If Panasonic would offer an aftermarket eyecup for glasses wearers, I'd preorder the FZ200, so that would be a nice accessory since it isn't designed in.

Another option might be the new G5, which has an auto viewer switch and rubber eye guard, but you're into a lens swappable solution and closer to $1,000 with a telephoto zoom lens added in. Plus, you wouldn't have constant 2.8 and a shorter overall zoom range.

"As well as the large rear LCD, the G5 also offers an electronic viewfinder with 1.44 million dots. Coverage is 100% and + - 4 diopter correction is available. The small dark rectangle beneath the viewfinder is a sensor used to automatically switch between LCD and EVF live view, but the button to the left of the diopter correction wheel can also be used. "

-- hide signature --

Are you ready to make someone's day a little brighter?

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow