New Canon EOS M with EF-M Mount

Started Jul 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
sir_bazz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,034Gear list
Like?
Re: Unless it's under $500 (with lens), better off with a Rebel.
In reply to raizans, Jul 22, 2012

raizans wrote:

sir_bazz wrote:

So why this body though?

An existing EOS user who wants a smaller body could get a better tool in the xxxxD series. Using this camera with EOS lenses via an adapter won't provide a compact kit and will also be at the expense of a good viewfinder.

I just don't get this whole mirrorless fad.

isn't it obvious?

first of all, people prefer different form factors. they want more options.

that, and p&s cameras are being replaced by cameraphones. putting big sensors in a small body is a major selling point when an often cited reason for not purchasing a dslr is "it's too bulky."

the "mirrorless fad" is the result of what consumers want and what producers need to make.

a higher end model with an evf will surely come, if that's what you're waiting for.

Ok then...thats fair enough.

But do these people who think a DSLR is too bulky realise that they have to put a bulky lens on it to make it work? Unless there's an existing suite of small lenses to match the body then it kinda defeats the purpose of going with a small form factor camera in the first place.

When I want to "reduce bulk" I prefer to reduce completely meaning something that fits in the jeans pocket.
--
Zooms? pfffft!

sir_bazz's gear list:sir_bazz's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow