Forum ProPosts: 13,786Gear list
Like?
re: context = mongrel blood line of NEX usage
In reply to robert1955, Jul 22, 2012

given that NEX use enthusiastically supports very mixed, mongrel even,
heritage of almost any pedigree of all sorts of glass, I do find it pretty
peculiar that the emerging presence and technical details of the EOS-M in
general, and STM lenses in particular, might be decried as being "out
of context" to be discussed in a NEX forum !!

and attempted rubber-stamping them as such smacks a bit obsessive -
after all nobody is forcing anyone to participate if they're not interested :D,

jpr2

robert1955 wrote:

Quite agree. One thing to add. If the specs of the ef-M are similar to Nex and third party lens makers are able to make lenses for it, it will be very easy for them to make a version for Nex as well. That's better than lenses that also have to work on m43.

jpr2 wrote:

aman74 wrote:

Except that it isn't.

If I use a Nex and have built up a rapport in the Sony forum and am watching what other manufacturers are doing and want to bounce off ideas with the people I know and who also know the gear I use, that's a completely different story. You don't even have to be a Nex user, but you could be comparing products or learning from that perspective, etc... If you think that's the same as dive bombing a forum with competing camera companies products then I'm speechless.

what was discussed so far within this thread (except the sub-topic
on forum policing, which indeed seems pretty much OFF-topic :))
has quite a direct bearing on NEX: either in not too distant a future,
or even directly on existing NEX cameras:

• flange distance: shorter, equal or longer than 18mm?

• would it be possible to use a new generation of STM lenses on E-mount bodies through an electronically coupled adapter (perhaps Conurus-Bis)?

• is the new EM-mount compatible in principle with freshly introduced STMs which were released together with the new Canon T4i?

• does EOS-M utilize on-sensor PDAF?

• etc, etc, the list of questions is quite long actually :P, and most of them seem to touch NEX community quite a lot, even if only through implications :D,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow