Started Jul 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amblepath
Regular MemberPosts: 416
Like?
New XZ-1 It was interesting
Jul 22, 2012

After a number of years with dslr's I was thinking about getting a walk around camera. I had looked at the xz-1 as well as pen's but couldn't make up my mind. Yesterday I walked into my local London Drugs store and they had the Xz-1 for $299. For that price I couldn't say no.

Took it out today to the farmers market and here's what I thought. It was difficult without a viewfinder in the bright light but I trusted the camera was getting the exposure right and it was. IQ wise the detail is not up to my dslr standards. Exposure and color was excellent. What I noticed most however is how little attention I received from my subjects. With the dslr they all get nervous. With the XZ-1 they hardly payed any attention to me. That was wonderful.

All in all I'm quite happy with it so far. I only really want it for social functions and family outing where I don't want to lug around the gear and for that it seems excellent. My biggest problem today was that the way I was holding it I seemed to keep accidently turning the mode dial.

Here's some shots from today.

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Mike
'Bear' with me!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow