Canon mirrorless: first pictures of camera

Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
RussellInCincinnati
Senior MemberPosts: 3,187
Like?
name-calling both unsupported and not appreciated
In reply to aman74, Jul 22, 2012

Welcome to the Sony NEX Talk Forum, the place to discuss Sony NEX mirrorless digital cameras .

original poster: Canon mirrorless: first pictures of camera

aman74: I'm glad to see for once that you and several others in this thread get it and not everyone is trying to play forum cop no matter what.

By this logic, nobody can criticize anyone who breaks any number of forum rules, because after all they instantly can be dismissed and name-called as "playing forum cop". Since the thread is not moderated, who exactly do you propose can reasonably express regret when they believe DPreview forum rules are being broken. You have forgotten to detail exactly what forum rules anyone can complain about being flouted, without your labeling them a "forum cop".

aman74: I think this is the first thread I've seen where we outnumbered the instant "troll" pointers.

Hoping you will detail how many days and how many posts in an off-topic thread should pass before people can complain without being labeled "instant". The word troll did appear in this thread, it's true, but that was after some 50 posts and more than a day's time, I guess that's your definition of "instant".

Also nobody has said that the topic is unworthy, or that such discussions should be forbidden. There just is precious little justification for pushing Canon news or Hasselblad news or Nikon v1 news or Fujifilm news into a Nex forum. Have those other forums run out of thread space? Am I to expect no complaints if I start pushing every Nex bulletin into the Canon 1DS forum?

Put simply, what camera news is off-topic in the Nex forum by your reckoning?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow