Opinion: Could the K30 be Pentax's response to our discussion?

Started Jul 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anirut J
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
Opinion: Could the K30 be Pentax's response to our discussion?
Jul 22, 2012

Last October I started a thread on a "Simple DSLR".

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=39571046

And I have a feeling that Pentax listened and came out with the K30 in some way. I stated in the above-mentioned thread that:

"What if (yes, a big IF) Pentax releases a very simple and basic DSLR, in the form of a "chopped down" K-5 that just takes pictures. Just think of old days' film SLRs that really has nothing much, but this time a DSLR with excellent IQ, metering, AF, WB, DR and basic MASP functions and that's it. No special filters, no video, or anything."

Well, of course, the K30 has 'other features' too. That's understandable. Why remove the good stuff, right?

But the point is that, IMO, the K30 is answering the "basic needs" of still photography as it should be. Like what we discussed in the other thread.

Ummm ... I think we're now seeing the advent of a DSLR that may become a K1000 equivalent in terms of a 'classic entry-level'. And with the weather seal, the FPS, and other features, it could soon become a benchmark camera too.

And, yeah, I hope that things improve more and more with Pentax!

My 2 cents ...

-- hide signature --

R.I.P. -- Rejoice In Photography

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow