The junk being sold on fleabay

Started Jul 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mr Physics
Contributing MemberPosts: 664Gear list
Like?
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes...
In reply to Donald M Mackinnon, Jul 22, 2012

...but it hasn't happened to me yet. I have had 10 lenses or more come to me from e-bay and not one was a dud or rip-off or even misrepresented. I don't necessarily like all of them, but I always received what was promised. The only ones I didn't like where the 50mm f/1.8D and the 70-300mm Sigma. The 50mm would sometimes "hunt" for a focus indoors on low contrast objects. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped it would on the D90 so I e-bayed it after I found a 50mm f/1.4D. All is well. This new "e-bay" lens can focus well in low light. Also, I've improved my "focus and recompose" technique as well.

The lens that I sold was sharp and accurate. If the person I sold it to was unhappy with it, I'd take it back and use it every now and again. But I love the f/1.4D. It is good on the D90 or D70 for me.

The other lens that I don't "like", I still have. I'm sitting in the fence about this one. It may go on e-bay or I may keep it. It does pretty well at it's 300mm close-focus (not quite a true macro) distance.

I guess that this is a wordy way of saying that my overall experience with e-bay has been 100% good.

I have a primo 80-200mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.8, Bigma, an obscure Sigma manual focus macro, 24mm f/2.8, etc. that I love. All from e-bay. I have 5 lenses that I love from e-bay. So I like e-bay. I'm sure KEH and others sell good used lenses, but they seem to want a little more for them.

Agree to disagree,
Tony

Mr Physics's gear list:Mr Physics's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow