Started Jul 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
pgilland
Regular MemberPosts: 486
Like?
Re: Move from D7000 to E-M5 a bad idea?
In reply to Len_Gee, Jul 22, 2012

Len_Gee wrote:

Hello,

Wow what a great question. You have some excellent cameras. Lenses?

Right now I have Nikon 35mm 1.8, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-55mm 2.8, 50-200mm 4-5.6

So, that depends on the kind of photography you enjoy. Is it travel, family snaps, scenics, street, BIF, animals, macro, sports, or other genre?

Travel, and family mostly, pics of the kids. Scenics and what ever strike my interest at the moment.

Are you a professional photographer needing the best in IQ, and need specialized lenses, fast primes or fast zooms? Or just an enthusiast wanting to "go small"?

I like fast prime and constant apertures best. The 35mm 1.8 was my favorite, but now the 17-55mm 2.8 could be? At least that one would focus more reliably on the D7000. I like the best IQ I can afford. I've done some professional work, but most an enthusiast that needs to work on carrying more often.

Will you post a few typical pictures of what you like to shoot? That might help narrow down some helpful advice and your decision to go with MFT now as your primary camera and the compromises you are willing to take with MFT.

I mostly take pictures of the kids these days. However, I like to shoot usually static subjects like building, small abstract things. Occasionally I like to catch the local wild life as well.

Here are a few pics from a walk around the neighborhood for fun. Not always the greatest pics, but I don't have much uploaded right now to show.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow