More Mono Lake Reflections, high sierra nevada, Taken late Oct 2011(new image)

Started Jul 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary N W
Forum ProPosts: 10,687
Like?
More Mono Lake Reflections, high sierra nevada, Taken late Oct 2011(new image)
Jul 22, 2012

Taken late afternoon and sun was just starting to set slightly in the West. Not a lot of snow around but some on the mountains in the background. I took this shot on the southern end of Lee Vining (town). I handheld this and I used my EVF which is really nice in this digicam the S602z Pro, 6mp and base iso of 160. I used the 34 spot averaging meter on this shot and I used AP mode with an F 5.6 setting. I focused on the mid background mountains and I decided to let everything else fall in place. I should have removed the shade on this shot because it was vignetting some and I did not spot it in time. Eventually I just got rid of the shade and now use an ultra wide angle shade even though this camera has only a WA of 35mm. I could have used a wide angle attachment for this camera but I did not do that either. The WA and Tele add on lenses are just too heavy and not worth the hastle for the little bit of difference that you get either way. Anyway I did a like PP and a luma noise adjust in CS5 using Noiseware Pro but so as not to destroy any of the image with this adjust. Enjoy, Gary N W SFO

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow