ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeneralLee
Contributing MemberPosts: 567Gear list
Like?
Please help me plan my kit
Jul 21, 2012

Good evening everyone,

I have a bit of money to spend on photography, probably around 750 € this year. And instead of just buying some lens, I am trying to develop a plan or roadmap for my lens and equipment lineup.

What I have

• K-r

• Tamron 17-50/2.8

• DA-L 55-300

• Metz 58 AF-2, some small studio equipment, two tripods, ND filter, ...

What I feel I am missing

• I like to shoot portraits. At the moment I am using the Tamron for it and it's a bit wide. So I want a good portrait lens longer than 50mm.

• I want a macro lens to try out this kind of photography.

• Less important: something UWA

• Eventually I'd like to end up with a new camera body with better AF and higher resolution than the K-r. I'd also like two control dials and focus peaking, and definitely WR. Of course I'd need some WR lenses as well then.

The plan

• 2012: DFA 100 macro WR, for macro as well as portraits.

• 2013: A K-30 if the price drops a bit.

• 2013/14: DA 70 Limited, mainly for portraits.

• 2014/15: If I still feel the need for it, one of the UWA lenses out there. Havent really looked into it.

What do you think of this plan? Does the kit I have in mind sound reasonable? Are there any obvious options I should also consider? Please don't suggest lenses that are way more expensive than the ones I mentioned, I am already optimistic about my budget

Cheers,
Johann

GeneralLee's gear list:GeneralLee's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow