E-M5's C-AF-Tracking massively improved by Firmware update 1.2

Started Jul 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
DonParrot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,714Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5's C-AF-Tracking massively improved by Firmware update 1.2
In reply to DonParrot, Jul 21, 2012

Well, the test at the dog-race track had to be cancelled due to horrid weather conditions in the early afternoon but later, the sun came out for an hour and so I decided to test the tracking once again with my own dogs but this time in extra difficult conditions: running in high grass - a task that most definitely would have asked too much of the system, prior to the firmware update. And once again, it delivered in fine style. It even regained focus after having slightly lost it - as you can see in the first series:

And her we go with a second one:

I have to say that I'm really impressed although I have to admit that the tracking performance suffered as soon as the sun was covered by a cloud. Nonetheless: Just one more generation and an µFT version of the 50-200 2.8-3.5 and I'll be the happiest camper since I started taking pictures.
--

Why not - if there's enough space on the sofa...

I'm a HOlygan

DonParrot's gear list:DonParrot's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow