Started Jul 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pgilland
Regular MemberPosts: 486
Like?
Move from D7000 to E-M5 a bad idea?
Jul 21, 2012

I have a pair of D7000 bodies and assortment of lenses. Right now, partly for financial reasons, and partly for something I'll want to carry more often when out with family, I'm thinking of selling off all my Nikon gear. I was almost thinking about swapping out the D7000's for a D700 for a while, but that might be beyond my budget with glass for it. Would love FF IQ, and I have to admit I won't really miss the D7000, the AF is just to hit and miss for me, even it is me and not the camera. The D7000 is other wise great, but I just don't get along with AF enough to make it work for me.

Since I can't really go big, now I want to go small and simple to carry more often. I considered some others, but leaning to the Oly EM5. Sounds like the AF is snappy, and the viewfinder isn't to bad (although never really used an EV much before). Bottom line, will my progression over the years from E1, E330, D40, D7000 and considering FF, make the EM5 seem that bad? Or has m4/3rds come far enough that the EM5 will be a good sole camera for awhile?

Don't have anywhere in my area to see an EM5 first hand, so appreciate the input from actual users.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow